I have moved and currently work at the Luleå University of Technology
You can reach me via email hanna.kaasalainen(at)ltu.se or phone +46 920 493532
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist
- Institute of Earth Sciences, University of Iceland
- Sturlugata 7, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Office: Askja 239
- Telephone number: +354 525 4332
- e-mail: hannakaa hi.is
My research topics include geochemical processes and fluid chemistry in natural aqueous environments, such as the active geothermal systems. I am especially interested in the speciation and fate of sulfur and metals along redox gradients as well as mass transport in geothermal systems, transport of elements by volcanic vapor and geochemical modeling.
My current research mainly focuses on trace element chemistry and speciation of biogeochemically important elements in geothermal waters.
- Speciation and bioavailability in geothermal waters
- Trace elemental chemistry of volcanic gas
- Chemistry of trace elements in geothermal waters
- Sulfur chemistry and isotope systematics in natural geothermal systems
- The unique microbial ecosystems in Vonarskard